Friday, January 24, 2014

Beaches, Bikes and Babies

Does this post surprise anybody? I didn't think so. It was only a matter of time before I got pregnant. We knew we were planning on having a baby in Japan and I knew that I didn't want to be pregnant on a 10 hour flight. We were in Japan for only a matter of weeks before we found out we were expecting. I got the boys to sit still long enough to take these cute announcement pictures.



The boys were super excited to be expecting a baby brother or sister. Writing this, though I have already had the baby and I can tell you it is a boy. More on that later though. 

Once the weather warmed up the boys were able to enjoy their bikes that we brought with us. Dylan had to learn how to ride and Carson had to remember how to steer. We live on a street with a cul de sac at the end so they could just ride in circles all afternoon. 


One great thing about living in Japan is that it is an island and has lots of coastline. Unfortunately it isn't that warm where we live until August. We still went to the beach a few times for the summer. We took a short ride up to Sand Dollar Beach with some friends from church. It was a very foggy cold day, but the kids got in the water and swam anyways. We had just gotten a new puppy so we brought her along with us. Randy was working for the day so it was just Mom and the boys. We had a great time with our friends. 
Our puppy named Daisy







We took a drive to the beach in Hachinohe which is about 45 minutes away. It was a nice sunny day and we only took about 5 wrong turns. The highway isn't very well marked and just randomly turns without telling you to not go straight. Also the highway was more the size of an alleyway. 




Dylan fell asleep on the way home. 
We also have ventured to the beach right by the Misawa Port. It is the closest one to go swimming. The currents here are very strong so there is a barrier at the port to block some of the bigger waves and undertow. 


 

The base here also has a beach. It is on Lake Ogawara. It isn't our favorite place to go because there is no ocean breeze and it is kind of dirty and gross. We have ventured there a few times and I have some nice pictures so you get to hear about it!














No comments:

Post a Comment